Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Part 9

"Is Lennon like in more trouble because she was driving or are we all in equal trouble?" Keith asked

"You are all in equal trouble, Son" I said

"Good to know" He said

"I think we were all better off in the jail cell" Gracie said speaking up for the first in awhile

"Uh Yea" Lennon said

"Lennon, sweetheart ..piece of advice? " I offered

"Sure Daddy?" Lennon said

"Keep your mouth shut and whatever you do say... be VERY careful" I said

"I Will Daddy Don't worry" Lennon

"Worry about what?" Nikki said coming down the stairs

"Nothing.." I said

"No Tell Me" Nikki insisted

"Well.. Daddy was just telling me to watch I say" Lennon said

"Oh really.."Nikki said her eyes flashing

"Uh Oh" I said

"Mommy..before you explode can i just say one thing" Lennon said

" Fine Start your case then it'll be time for the sentencing" Nikki said

"You know it's not easy being me.." Lennon started

"Oh really..how is it difficult being you?..this oughta be good" Nikki said sitting down

"Well, Olivia is the smart one, Eva is the book-worm, Lily is the athlete, Walker is the baby and then there's Keith  Jimmy and Amy..everyone has a role except me ..i don't fit in here..there i'm done" Lennon said sitting back down

"Lennon" Nikki said slowly

"Yes?" Lennon said quickly

"THAT'S THE DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD.. where did you get one from? The Cosbys? You stole A CAR! You're lucky I'm not nailing your bony ass to a crucifix.. You wanna know who you are .. You are Lennon Madelyn..You ARE lucky you didn't KILL anyone!" Nikki  shouted standing up.," What i really oughta do is send you to you're grandmother, she'd really KILL you!"

"NIK!" I yelled," THAT'S ENOUGH!,Lennon UPSTAIRS! NOW!"
Lennon ran upstairs and slammed the door

"Gracie, honey go home.." Nikki said

"Are you going to tell my mother?" Gracie asked tugging on her curly brown hair

"I have to,Sweetie " Nikki said

"Please Auntie" Gracie said pitifully

"Honey, either i tell her or the NYPD does.." Nikki said

"Augh..alright" Grace said and headed home 

"Keith..go wait out in the car" I ordered my son

"Can i have the keys so i can listen to the radio?" Keith said

"I hope your kidding because after tonight's incident..you won't be getting a license until you're own kids are graduating from High school" I said

"Aww" Keith said

"Keith Michael ..GO!" I said pointing to the door

                                            NIKKI P.O.V

After the kid left and it was just me and John.. i sat down on the floor and just bawled

"John ..what are we going to do?" I said through my tears

"We're gonna ground her and hopefully this nevers happens again" John said

"where do you think she could have picked it up though?" i said wiping my nose with the back of my hand

"problably off of MTV or something." John said sitting down on the floor beside me

"John, i don't understand, she was a good kid, never gave us any trouble and now she goes out and swipes a car?what did we do wrong?" I said staring at my hands..

"Hey" He said lifting up my chin,"We didn't do anything wrong,and she still is a good kid who for one night decided to go joy-riding but got caught..we weren't were perfect at her age..hell we're not perfect at our age right now, just be grateful she's home, alive and we're not picking up her mangled body in Jersey" He finished

his face was two inches from mine..i couldn't resist, i leaned forward and kissed him hard for a good thirty seconds ..it felt longer

"Oh my god!" I said pulling away

"Oh my god.." John said

"What just happened here?" i said stunned

"you kissed me.." John said wiping my lipstick of his mouth

"I'm married..i can't be kissing other men!" I said standing up

"Well so am I..I can't be kissing other women.." John said still on the floor ....

"Mommy?" A little voice said from behind me

"Oh god" I said turning around and facing my youngest daughter, Lily

"I need water Mama" She said rubbing her eyes

"Alright..let's get you some water," I said and got her a cup of water from the kitchen

"There's your water" I said handing her the cup,"Now go back to bed"

"Night, Mommy..Night Uncle John" Lily said then went back upstairs

"I don't believe this" He said

"I know, we were almost busted by my 9 year old" I said coming back into the Living Room

"No I mean..i can't believe you kissed me" He said

"It doesn't mean anything..it was just a kiss" I said

"But it's funny..this whole thing started with a Kiss" John said

"No this whole thing started when I got pregnant remember?" I pointed out

"Oh lord, here we go again with the we-screwed-up-you got-pregnant-and i-have-to-listen-to-this-forever-are we?" He said

"No we aren't married so you don't have to listen to me again" I said showing him the door

"Yeah, All Right..So I'll come by in the afternoon and we'll discuss her punishment?" John said standing in the doorway.

"Yup..See ya.." I said closing the door

I walked around the house, making sure the house was locked then  i went around to the kids rooms, just watching them sleep. I couldn't believe how much my life had changed in the last 16 years. from being a scared pregnant 20+ year old, now i'm almost 40, with five children, a wonderful husband whom i love just as much as the day i married him, a great group of friends who are more than willing to babysit and for free. My life had truly come full circle.

                                     THE END.

No comments: